For over 50 years, Waters Corporation has developed innovative analytical science solutions to support customer discoveries, operations, performance, and regulatory compliance. Specifically, the company designs, manufactures, sells, and services high performance liquid chromatography, ultra performance liquid chromatography, and mass spectrometry technology systems and support products primarily in the United States, Europe, Japan, and Asia. Our innovations enable significant advancements within the pharmaceutical, life science, biochemical, industrial, food safety, environmental, academic and government industries. Waters is a publicly traded corporation (NYSE:WAT) with more than 6,500 employees and is represented in more than 100 countries around the world.
Waters Wilmslow site is the largest site globally committed to the support and development of Mass Spectrometry systems. This fantastic site is designed to create and support connectivity and efficiency by enabling us to embrace more collaborative ways of working and focus more on customer needs, quality and continual improvement in the way we innovate and design our products and systems. This site not only brings advantages that benefit our own employees, but also provides a high-tech center for customers.
A custom built Center of Excellence
Driving innovation in the birthplace of Mass Spectrometry
State of the art customer demonstration laboratories
Investing in world changing research development and manufacturing
Science in harmony with a sustainable world
We have an excellent opportunity for an Electronics Investigations Engineer to join our team. In this role you will be responsible for the investigation of Electronic\Electrical assemblies to understand their root cause of failure and the implementation of Engineering Changes to define\improve production processes and liaising with suppliers to sustain the high level of manufacturing requirements required by them to sustain our business.
As well as demonstrating technical excellence, we are looking for an inventive, enthusiastic individual that pursues challenges head-on and is able to work effectively both independently and with other members of the team. You will demonstrate individual initiative and innovation, good attention to detail and a dedication to do what is needed to deliver results.
You will be responsible for root cause analysis of non-conforming Electronic\Electrical assemblies and implementing improvements in manufacturing and testing process with our supply chain around the globe.
YOUR MAIN FOCUS WILL BE:
- Lead investigations into non-conforming materials and manage the introduction of new processes to improve the quality of products coming into the business.
- Working with the wider Production Engineering Team to provide manufacturing and testing improvements based on investigations into non-conforming materials.
- Document changes to processes and implement into supply chain.
- Analyse instrument failures caused by electrical assemblies to investigate trends and recommend process improvements and establishing continuous improvement programs.
- Develop, review and sustain process improvements to reduce production cost and increase yield.
- Reworking PCBAs to component level.
- Experience of Mass Spectrometry manufacturing and testing.
- Experience of electronic manufacturing and failure types associated with it.
- Good interpersonal skills to achieve tasks to tight deadlines in a dynamic, accountable team environment.
- Hands-on approach to all tasks
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritise multiple projects
- Knowledge of Mass Spectrometry manufacturing and testing.
- Knowledge of SMT, through-hole and mechanical assembly processes sufficiently to be able to understand how a PCBA is manufactured.
- Experience of following schematic diagrams and engineering drawings to aid in root cause analysis.
- Soldering to IPC61010 standard.