Waters is developing solutions that make a meaningful impact on the world
As a Software Engineer at Waters Romania (Brasov), you will work on projects critical to our Informatics business needs.
We're looking for creative and innovative engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including data processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. We encourage all our engineers to constantly add value to themselves and the business through learning and collaboration.
We are looking for smart, self-motivated software engineers to join our truly exceptional engineering team.
• Design, develop, maintain and review manual/automated functional or non-functional tests
• Design test frameworks or investigate new testing techniques
• Take accountability for quality and on-time delivery of own/team work
• Work within and across teams to propose ideas for existing processes improvement
• Collaborate in an agile team with software engineers and product owners to define user stories and acceptance criteria
• Review tests written by other software engineers to ensure quality
• Identify areas of low test coverage, advising on priorities of risky new areas for testing
• Work with project stakeholders to understand system requirements and develop test strategies, creating test plans & manual test cases, automated test scripts based on business requirements and end to end flows, ensuring that the design of test (both manual and automation) meet the needs & goals of the project
• Identify the root cause of the issues encountered and propose new software testing approaches to increase the quality of the software delivered
• Create test data to support execution of tests
• Build the testing environment and optimize its future creation
• Carry out all responsibilities in accordance with the Quality Policy and all applicable procedures, contributing to the regulated environment audits (internal and/or external, ISO certification, LRQA certification, etc.)
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in professional software Testing/Test Design
• Experience working in an agile environment
• Ability to work unsupervised, being a self-starter and a challenger of existing processes
• High adaptability to changing circumstances
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and team work skills
• Excellent analytical and decision making skills
Nice to have:
• Experience with Test Automation and related tools
• General programming knowledge (scripting languages, C++, C#, SQL)
• ISTQB Certified Software Tester
• Agile related certification
• Chemistry background (liquid chromatography and mass spectometry) (edited)
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT), the world's leading specialty measurement company, has pioneered chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis innovations serving the life, materials and food sciences for 60 years. With approximately 7,000 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 31 countries, including 15 manufacturing facilities, and with products available in more than 100 countries.
Waters Corporation's businesses include Waters, TA Instruments, VICAM, ERA, and Nonlinear Dynamics.
Waters creates business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations by delivering ultra performance liquid chromatography (UPLC), high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), chromatography columns and chemistry products, mass spectrometry systems, laboratory informatics solutions, and comprehensive service programs to enable significant advancement in healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality.
Waters Romania located in Brasov is the largest site that is part of the Waters Informatics business. Our site is one of the fastest growing and most dedicated to creating revolutionary, impactful software and services that customers love! We are proud and passionate software engineers and we are working as one team with scientists around the world to solve unique problems in analytical technologies that are used to measure the chemical, physical and biological composition of materials in a range of industries- increasingly this is driven by machine learning, big data analytics and complex algorithms meaning we need the best computer scientists available. If you feel that application of software engineering should make a difference in the world we live in, you should get in touch with us today!