Waters, the world's leading specialty measurement company that cares about inclusion and diversity is seeking for an Account Manager to support the very successful growth of our businesses across Northern and West Ireland. Waters deliver benefits through innovation and people that enable customer success in the life, materials and food sciences. Our talented field sales/service and specialist teams have over the years delivered great and sustainable business results. With a constant focus on growth and by developing new markets we are able to increase the business even within very challenging economic circumstances.
As Account Manager, you are an ambassador of Waters and will bring to the market Waters’ products and services. The candidate will demonstrate a clear grasp of understanding the customers’ business and its growth plans and is able to take that knowledge and convert that into a solution and offering from Waters, with a primary aim of bringing “customer success”.
This position brings a great degree of flexibility working in the field.
The successful candidate is likely to have the following competencies:
• Knowledge of computers and the use of standard Windows based packages (knowledge of a Waters chromatography or mass spectrometry data system (Empower) would also be desirable).
• Ability to understand, interpret and communicate complex technical issues.
• Highly motivated as an individual with perseverance and drive and the ability to work effectively in pressurised sales situations.
• Customer focussed with very good listening skills.
• Good interpersonal skills with a positive sense of humour and must be a good team player (prepared to work as a member of an integrated sales/service organisation).
• Good priority setting and organisational skills.
Qualifications and Experience:
• BSc, MSc or equivalent
• Technical sales experience, ideally in the chromatography or mass spectrometry field.
• Experience in a laboratory, with a background in chromatography and mass spectrometry.
This person must hold a current passport and be prepared to travel abroad not only during working hours but also occasionally at weekends.
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT), the world's leading specialty measurement company, has pioneered chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis innovations serving the life, materials and food sciences for 60 years. With approximately 7,000 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 31 countries, including 15 manufacturing facilities, and with products available in more than 100 countries.
Waters Corporation's businesses include Waters, TA Instruments, VICAM, ERA, and Nonlinear Dynamics.
Waters creates business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations by delivering ultra performance liquid chromatography (UPLC), high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), chromatography columns and chemistry products, mass spectrometry systems, laboratory informatics solutions, and comprehensive service programs to enable significant advancement in healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality.