For over 50 years, Waters Corporation has developed innovative analytical science solutions to support customer discoveries, operations, performance, and regulatory compliance. Specifically, the company designs, manufactures, sells, and services high performance liquid chromatography, ultra performance liquid chromatography, and mass spectrometry technology systems and support products primarily in the United States, Europe, Japan, and Asia. Our innovations enable significant advancements within the pharmaceutical, life science, biochemical, industrial, food safety, environmental, academic and government industries. Waters is a publicly traded corporation (NYSE:WAT) with more than 6,500 employees and is represented in over 100 countries around the world.
The Senior / Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible to oversee and manage the Waters’ supplier’s Quality Assurance with the intent to deliver high quality products to Waters and Waters’ CMOs.
· Build and sustain long term win-win relationships with APAC suppliers to ensure understanding and fulfilment of Waters’ quality and operations requirements
· Coordinate and manage supplier relationship alongside sister plants and CMOs
· Ensure the effectiveness of APAC suppliers escalation activities to minimize risk to Waters business and operations
· Plan and execute an effective APAC supplier audits program
· Collaborate with the supplier in root cause analysis and corrective action plans
· Support Operations, Supply Chain and CMOs to resolve supplier technical issues and implement SCAR action effectively
· Act as Waters QA approval for CMOs’ First Article Inspection buy off and Part Acceptance activities
· Regularly communicate with Operations and Supply Chain to identify improvement opportunities for COPQ, Quality and Productivity
· Participate in internal quality audit activities
· Minimum bachelor's degree (Engineering discipline). Preferably Mechanical, Electrical or Electro-Mechanical.
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Supplier Quality / Engineering capacity in a manufacturing or CMO environment
· Lead auditor trained / minimum 3 years of leading supplier audit
· Strong knowledge and proven skills in managing and developing suppliers
· Agile minded with clear strategic thinking and accountability in execution to deliver results
· Leadership ability and strong interpersonal skills towards global and cross-functional team; behaving with integrity, transparency and humility
· Experience in using quality tools such as SPC, FMEA, MSA and 8D
· ASQ CQE Certifications and/or Lean Six Sigma trained preferred
Able to travel 20-40% of the time in both domestic and international