The Senior / Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible to oversee and manage the Waters’ supplier’s Quality Assurance with the intent to deliver high quality products to Waters and Waters’ CMOs.
· Build and sustain long term win-win relationships with APAC suppliers to ensure understanding and fulfilment of Waters’ quality and operations requirements
· Coordinate and manage supplier relationship alongside sister plants and CMOs
· Ensure the effectiveness of APAC suppliers escalation activities to minimize risk to Waters business and operations
· Plan and execute an effective APAC supplier audits program
· Collaborate with the supplier in root cause analysis and corrective action plans
· Support Operations, Supply Chain and CMOs to resolve supplier technical issues and implement SCAR action effectively
· Act as Waters QA approval for CMOs’ First Article Inspection buy off and Part Acceptance activities
· Regularly communicate with Operations and Supply Chain to identify improvement opportunities for COPQ, Quality and Productivity
· Participate in internal quality audit activities
· Minimum bachelor's degree (Engineering discipline). Preferably Mechanical, Electrical or Electro-Mechanical.
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Supplier Quality / Engineering capacity in a manufacturing or CMO environment
· Lead auditor trained / minimum 3 years of leading supplier audit
· Strong knowledge and proven skills in managing and developing suppliers
· Agile minded with clear strategic thinking and accountability in execution to deliver results
· Leadership ability and strong interpersonal skills towards global and cross-functional team; behaving with integrity, transparency and humility
· Experience in using quality tools such as SPC, FMEA, MSA and 8D
· ASQ CQE Certifications and/or Lean Six Sigma trained preferred
Able to travel 20-40% of the time in both domestic and international
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT), the world's leading specialty measurement company, has pioneered chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis innovations serving the life, materials and food sciences for nearly 60 years. With approximately 7,000 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 31 countries, including 15 manufacturing facilities, and with products available in more than 100 countries.
Waters Corporation's businesses include Waters, TA Instruments, VICAM, ERA, and Nonlinear Dynamics.
Waters creates business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations by delivering ultra performance liquid chromatography (UPLC), high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), chromatography columns and chemistry products, mass spectrometry systems, laboratory informatics solutions, and comprehensive service programs to enable significant advancement in healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality.